So close to God

To my dear sisters,


Firstly, I totally agree with Christy! Our praises to the Lord is never ending! When I went home from YAF, I was still so excited about what God has done and WILL continue doing in our lives!


Secondly, I want to *again* welcome sister Becky into our family of God!!! You see the power of a testimony?? So don't stop sharing!!


Thirdly, I got something to share!! xD


On Friday morning during devotion time, I asked God what He wanted to speak to me. I seemed to think God wanted me to read James. I wanted it to be more specific, so I asked God again…

Then I saw the number "3" so I thought, maybe God wanted me to read James chapter 3.
But then suddenly I saw the number "1" appear in front of the 3 giving me this reference: James 1:3

So I turned to that page, and the bit I needed to hear from God was verses 2-3 which said:


"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into many trials

Knowing this that the trying of your faith works patience"


WOW! God's Word just went straight INTO my heart… It was SO relevant! It's relevant because whenever I talked to my parents about the experiences at the Encounter, they didn't seem to believe... I told myself I was to refrain from letting them discourage me. I was telling Jane on Sunday night that God must be using my slowly to influence my family and building up my patience along the way. And on Friday, God just reassured that!


Before the Encounter Weekend, I was praying that I want to come out of the Encounter and be SO close to God that I would get directions and hear from Him more often than I ever did!

And this is the first sign that I am!! Haha! Praise God!!!


As I did devotion this morning, I asked God again to show me what He wanted to tell me specifically for today. He lead me to read Ephesians 2:13-14. And again it was so relevant! The verses said:


"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation."


God assured me that I am close to Him.. Jesus' blood has brought me near to Him!!! I got soo excited about it after doing devotion that I can't help but to share it with you! I can't even wait until sharing it on Sunday! Haha!


Have a blessed weekend!!~~


Love you soooo much!!! xoxo

0 comments: