My testimony - Healing of the heart by the Holy Spirit

In the past, I could see my heart filled with black dots, like a rotten apple. Now, not only my heart is pure and white, it glows with light too.

I thank you our heavenly father for His unfailing love on me, for not only He has forgiven me with all my sins, He has cleansed me from top to bottom, and immense happiness just keeps on flowing from the inside out! What's more, I am like a tree by the streams of water, and there will be prosperity in everything I do.

O Lord, you are so infinite, your creation, your love, your forgiveness. Everything in your name is beyond our understanding and it is never enough of how much we should praise you!

In the past, I have been a soured person towards the person whom I love, my boyfriend victor. For I cared for him so much that it became an obsession which was not right in God’s eyes. I failed to love God with all my heart, all my mind and all my strength. Instead, I was relying on my own strength in the relationship, trying to solve the unsolved problems which kept getting worse. Arguments broke out daily as I was sensitive, jealous, self-centered. Even though I prayed to God daily, but because I was holding back, I kept putting locks in my heart.

However, God is a wonderful planner and a creative creator!

On the 2nd day of the Spiritual Encounter Camp, Victor and I had a walk before the afternoon sermon began. He told me ‘God wants me to let go of you, He explained to me why He planned such a relationship for us both a year ago. He revealed to me all the things that we did in the past and I cannot deny His plan for us in the future any longer.’ I was strong, not only I had no tears falling off from my cheek, I calmly told him ‘alright, let’s break up then for it is the will of God.’ It was not an easy move, because both of us loved and still love each other.

In the sermon, it was about the healing of the wounded soul and I was sure that God was speaking directly to me through pastor Catherine’s lips. All the sins, all the sour natures I had in me in the past were all revealed one by one. The presence of God was so strong that I was in tears during the entire sermon, for I know that God has examined my heart and wanted to give me a new transformation. I was thankful for what He did for me, as I felt the sense of guilt but also relief as I repented those sins, that I have been hiding and denying. The next 1 hour, the inside of me was in a turmoil.

Then in Anne’s sermon of the ‘Baptism of the Holy Spirit’, I was so excited for a new change. As she called people to pray at the front, I ran to the first row for I was desperate to receive the Holy Spirit in me. I knew that I have prepared a clean vessel for the Holy Spirit and so the moment, Anne said ‘Let it go.’, not only I have really let go of the unequally yoked relationship of the past, I could feel the power of the Holy Spirit. I began to speak in tongue, louder and louder….until I was voiceless for 5 seconds, and I fell as the peaceful dove was approaching me. On the ground, I felt the sense of peacefulness throughout my entire body and my mind as the Holy Spirit was baptising me in a bath of His love. The sense of joyfulness and relief was overwhelming and I was filled with glowing light inside my heart. From the moment onward, I knew that Holy Spirit has healed me divinely and that I felt stronger than ever before with the love from God.

He has blessed me so much, He has changed me. The old has gone, the new has come.
Ever since from camp, not only I have not argued with anybody, I no longer have any sort of hatred towards anyone. All I have now is peacefulness and joy and the word of God craved in my heart. I am an ambassador of Christ and I will continue to shine for Him and save those lost sheep from the dying world.

More importantly, my mom was shocked with what has happened but she was touched with the changes she has seen in me. Even though I am still a little girl in her eyes, she also knows that I am a child of God with strong faith and strength who is devoted to serve and spread His love until the end of the world! So, thank you Lord for softening my mother’s stubborn heart, and all others whom I have spoken to and have felt the touch from God in some ways.

The future is unknown for us, even though God has made amazing plans already. I will continue to put my full trust in Him, and please Him in everything I do because it is all that matters. I am now waiting in joyful hope for the miracle to happen and live the life that counts! Amen! ^^

5 comments:

    christy,
    wow! what a testimony!
    you brought tears to my eyes and a warmth to my heart as i read it.
    truly God is doing a great and awesome work in your life.
    even as you allow Him to invade everything, you will see His hand open up doors of heaven towards you.
    as billy graham once said, "If God says you MUST then you MUST"... Your obedience God's will is honourable.
    keep it up!! proud of you!!
    and as sisters, we're here for you.

     

    Dear Christy,
    Wow! That is such a kool testimony! Like we sing in one of the worship songs, though we sow in tears, we reap in joy! You once shared in YAF that previously you close off yourself to others.. but NOW (after you have received a NEW heart and a NEW life) you're open to us, sisters. Thanks for sharing! And as Ps Ardian said, when you share with your heart, it will touch hearts!! It surely touched my heart!!
    Love u lots! Keep the fire burning for God and your obedience that you've been showing since the encounter weekend! xox

     

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

    I've deleted a 2nd comment I've made.. because I've accidentally clicked "publish comment" twice =P

     

    Only a healed heart can say the things your heart has said in your testimony, Christy. There is a spirit of Peace upon you that will gird your strength & shield your heart. You are on a journey moving forward. Run to the Father who is calling you heavenward on a highway of holiness - being detached from the world & attached to the One who has saved you. Love you so much! xxx